Search This Blog

Monday 25 May 2015

Nigeria, A Country On Auto Pilot

I woke up yesterday, as any other living being and set out on my journey towards the search of life.

My journey led me to certain places and certain people. This is not as much concern to me as to the journey back home.

Due to some constraints, I had to start coming back later than I budgeted. And that was if I should say, suicidal!

The transport fares tripled! There was siege on the few filling stations, and black markets. A litre of fuel in the filling stations was N180 and black market was N200 and above.

You could imagine how it was Meeting such situation, unprepared. You just have no option, you either hop in and quietly gnash your teeth, or you stay put where you stood, stranded under the cold and with the night coming.

I hopped in, kept my peace and listened to the agony of the common man. There was no hope - even at the thought of the change of government. What I saw was sheer hopelessness, the feeling of a country without a leader, just like a plane in auto pilot mode.

The epileptic power supply in the country many ran away from by making use of 'I pass my neighbour' - generator...., but lo, even getting the fuel for this generator is almost impossible.

As I was about making my conclusion, texts from MTN and Airtel came in. They may not sustain their base stations nationwide if there are no fuel! It came like a shock! What else?, I asked myself- absolutely nothing!

Respite in form of a press release by the CEO of Capital Oil and Gas, Chief Ifeanyi Uba, came, but I doubt it'll go a long way, moreover, that is, if he succeeds in that quest.

I really do not know how to conclude.... I can only repose my hope in God. He only can save this country from Chaos, anarchy and doom.

Save Us O Lord!!!

No comments: