Search This Blog

Saturday 30 May 2015

"I Belong To Everybody and I Belong To Nobody"

The above was the words of the incumbent and new President of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari in his inaugural speech.

The contents of this inaugural speech was anything but non-wonderful! It was superb, excellent, articulative and well rendered. It captioned the very troubling and grey areas of the yelling of Nigerians. I commend his backroom staff for the speech. It was well written.

I, for one, am not a fan of Buhari, bit as my President, I owe him respect and cooperation. I waited for 24 hours in order to air my view on yesterday's proceedings. The peaceful handover was historic.

Goodluck Ebere Jonathan must be commended for his Statesmanship. I do not personally think that I can do that which he did. His presence at the venue and his symbolic transfer of power was the highpoint of my admiration for him. Even Buhari was overwhelmed as he poured encomiums on the President in his speech.

At the inaugural gala, I was somehow disappointed. The APC said the country was in shambles and the economy was sick, but they accepted the gala and ate and drank....even as the economy was still sick!

But, I'm hopeful that the meal was to get themselves energized for the task ahead. I just hope so.

The presence of Obasanjo was very much expected, and the referral to him by Dickson was expected, even when we all know what is true. I hope to see how his romance with APC shall end. That is story for another day!

The first act of office was relocation of Army Headquarters. It's a step in the right direction. I hope it yields the desired result.

I must stop here due to lack of space. But I'll not end without wishing the new President and his team a successful tenure.

God bless Nigeria!!!

No comments: