Search This Blog

Sunday 1 January 2017

MY WOMAN.... I

Hers is a beauty that blended so much with my dreams of a perfect woman. She was more of an answer to my prayers for a "perfect" companion who will fill in my other half.
From the days of my childhood, even when i was yet to discover what the laws of attraction, like and unlike charges and so  on were, i knew and felt a kind of propulsion which the developments of my person through years of formal and informal learning, puberty and so on has shed lights on, hence my understanding of what this push and pull was. and what was this? it is the law of attraction, of the need to be in friendship and companionship with people for whom i have come to see as either like minds or even those i cannot possibly explain the cause of my interest and attraction for them.


I met her while taking a walk one December evening. She was stressed out from the marathon meetings which are the hallmarks of times like that. She was waiting for a friend and since I was in no hurry, I approached her and thence began the journey which has led us to this time. I recall that first meeting with nostalgia. Her reaction to my comment on her looking worn out was to smile and nothing else. I sat beside her asked what she was doing there alone and we chatted until the friend showed up. Because she was tired, I offered to keep them company till they get a taxi back home, in the least, my presence made her smile, dispersing the aura of tiredness. When we got to the bus stop, I bade her goodbye without requesting for her contacts. I remember the feeling of foolishness as I walk home that evening. I had blamed myself for having not requested for her number, I felt I had missed a wonderful opportunity. But I consoled myself with the belief that what will be will be.

I entered my house and could not eat because I lost appetite. I got my phone and went through the messages, replying some and ignoring others; especially those that had asked me to either forward to all or some of my contacts and those who asked me to reply “Amen” or receive bad luck. With time, I forgot completely about her, only remembering her when I reach the spot where I had met her or the bus stop where I saw her off.

My faith in fate paid off months later when I went for a traditional marriage of a friend. I was not expecting to see her there until there was a tap on my back while my name was called. I looked back and behold, it was her! What do you expect? Before she could say anything, I hugged her and the traditional marriage ceremony became sweeter…you know… I wasted no time in collecting her number. She had told me when I did that I was “something else”. I smiled and said nothing. There was no dull moment with her as we chatted, shared experiences and had a wonderful time. When the ceremony was over, I could not but notice that neither of us wanted to leave. We wished each other goodnight countless number of times but did not leave each other’s company until it was just expedient.  


to be continued....

No comments: